Live Skull- Machete
Live Skull came out of the same second wave NYC noise rock / no wave scene that spawned Swans, Sonic Youth, Rat at Rat R, etc. Early / mid eighties bands they were into no wave but a bit after, and all with more of a at least comparatively structured sound.
Lazy people often just compare Live Skull to sonic youth, but that’s because they don’t know their shit. As much as I love SY, if you listen to their contemporaries you’ll realize they aren’t even half as original as you thought they were, it’s just that they didn’t immediately implode or OD or whatever and they stayed around forever. But their entire sound is just bits and pieces from the people around them.
Live Skull changed sound a bit throughout the years and on their last few records got Thalia Zedek on vocals, who I like. She was in the band Uzi, which made cool experimental post rock stuff in the early 80s.
But yeah, check this shit out.
- poetessinthepit likes this
- thebirththedeaththeghost reblogged this from skullvomit
- softworldmusic reblogged this from skullvomit
- hellobitchface likes this
- bloodundroses reblogged this from skullvomit
- bloodundroses likes this
- negativepleasure likes this
- a-deathly-shadow said:omg i fkn love live skull :)
- candyandrazorblades likes this
- razor-to-the-minds-eye likes this
- skullvomit posted this